To prepare for this Assignment, review the Week 4 Handout: Chi-Square Findings and follow the instructions.
Submit a 1-page paper of the following:
An analysis of the relationship between study design and statistical analysis used in the case study that includes:
- An explanation of why you think that the agency created a plan to evaluate the program
- An explanation of why the social work agency in the case study chose to use a chi square statistic to evaluate whether there is a difference between those who participated in the program and those who did not (Hint: Think about the level of measurement of the variables)
- A description of the research design in terms of observations (O) and interventions (X) for each group.
- Interpret the chi-square output data. What do the data say about the program?
questions are about the following theories
- Biology of Personality
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Behaviorism and Learning
- Humanism and Positive Psychology
- Trait Theories and The Big Five
- Situationist Theory
- Person x Situation Interaction Theory
- Self-Discrepancy Theory
15 points of total grade – Research Article Presentation & One-Page Handout
- 10 of the 15 points accounts for you giving your presentation to your group
- 5 of the 15 points accounts for your one-page handout that you submit
You are expected to find a journal article from one of the journals listed below (all of which can be found via the at) and give a presentation (maximum time allowed is 15 minutes) to your small group on one of the last three weekends of the course.
- The Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
- Contemporary Family Therapy
- Journal of Family Therapy
You must choose an article published in the last 7 years, and the article MUST incorporate an aspect of diversity as it applies to a couple or family issue. Once you have chosen your article, you are encouraged to notify your group members of the title and author(s), so as not to duplicate the article with another member in your group.
You are expected to present to your group the main points and your critique of the article, and summarize these points on a one-page handout (including the citation APA style). Also, upload the one-page handout to Canvas and also email it to the students in your small group. During your presentation, do not read verbatim what is on your one-page handout. Instead, you are expected to facilitate some discussion among your group members about the issues presented in your article.
In this discussion, you will examine other studies on memory and consider how the findings contribute to our understanding of cognition and cognitive neuroscience.
- Atkinson, R. C., & Shiffrin, R. M. (1968). Human memory: A proposed system and its control processes. In K. Spence & J.T. Spence (Eds.), Psychology of learning and motivation (Vol. 2, pp. 89195). Cambridge, MA: Academic Press.
- Craik, F. I., & Lockhart, R. S. (1972). Levels of processing: A framework for memory research. Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behavior, 11(6), 671684.
- Hayes, J. P., VanElzakker, M. B., & Shin, L. M. (2012). Emotion and cognition interactions in PTSD: A review of neurocognitive and neuroimaging studies. Frontiers in integrative neuroscience, 6(89), 114.
- Kays, J. L., Hurley, R. A., & Taber, K. H. (2012). The dynamic brain: Neuroplasticity and mental health. The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 24(2), 118124.
- MacIntosh, H. B., & Whiffen, V. E. (2005). Twenty years of progress in the study of trauma. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 20(4), 488492.
- Review this weeks Learning Resources on cognitive evolution, memory, and cognitive neuroscience.
- Locate a peer-reviewed journal article on memory related to one of the following topics:
- Improving memory
- Cognitive mapping
- Consider how the article you selected relates to cognition and cognitive neuroscience.
By Day 4
Post a response to the following:
Briefly describe the article you found on memory. Explain how the article informs our understanding of cognition and cognitive neuroscience. Be specific.
Note: Support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and any additional sources you identify using both in-text citations and references. It is strongly recommended that you include proper APA format and citations.
1) highlight or take away from each of the five chapters in the McGoldrick
McGoldrick and Hardy: Chapters 15,25,27,29 ,32
five total chapters associated with the first two class periods, you will need to submit five (5) highlights or take-aways. You need to write between 100-150 words for each highlight or take-away.