The topic, research question, and hypothesis for your research paper can be anything pertaining to border and coastal security. Once you have decided on a topic, develop a research question and hypothesis to support it.
– Cover Page
– Introduction (include the specific research question and hypothesis which are presented at the end)
– Literature Review – Critical analysis is the key here
– Methodology (This needs to be more than a single sentence that states “I used qualitative methods”. Take the time to explore what type of qualitative method you used…. Content Analysis and Case Study.
– Analysis – What does your research tell you? What are your conclusions??
– Conclusion – ensure you include what future research should cover that has not been explored.
– Reference List
– Scholarly and credible references should be used. At least 2 scholarly sources per page of content. However, a minimum of 10 scholarly sources are required.
The goal of this paper for you to write your opinion on Critical Infrastructure Protection without using first or second person. In this paper, you get the opportunity to write your point of view on the material reviewed during the week – and the best part is that there is no wrong answer! This paper is your opinion, and as such, it is your job to express your thoughts in a manner that is comprehensible and clear for any and all readers. Feel free to write your thoughts freely, without any constraints.
After you finished the readings you selected for the week, it is time to brainstorm. Some simple brainstorm techniques for writing reflection papers can involve you answering some of the basic questions below:
How did the material on Critical Infrastructure Protection affect you?
Did your learning about the material on Critical Infrastructure Protection change your mind about something? If so, how.
Has the material on Critical Infrastructure Protection left you with any questions? If so, what are they.
Were there any unaddressed critical issues not covered by the material on Critical Infrastructure Protection?
How will the material on Critical Infrastructure Protection impact your future in Homeland Security?
Components of the Reflection Paper
Introduction – specifies what you are reflecting upon.
Body Paragraphs – examines the ideas and experiences you have had in context to your topic. Be sure that each new body paragraph starts with a topic sentence. Remember that your paper must be at least 2½ pages long and no more than 3 pages so clear and concise writing is critical.
Conclusion – summarize what you have learned from the material. Tell the reader how this knowledge affected your overall understanding of the subject. Describe the feeling and overall lesson that you had from the material on Critical Infrastructure Protection.