Personal writing 2: Coping with stress
based on chapter 12
1. In the video above, you’ll find different strategies that helped healthcare workers coping with their stress during the peak of the pandemic. Pick out one strategy you found insightful, explain why.
2. Give a personal example, preferably in a work or study environment, that illustrates a situation in which you experienced a lot of stress – It may have multiple causes. How did you handle this situation? Would you so the same in a similar future situation? Illustrate your examples by referring to the four coping perspectives in chapter 12, explain.
Be sure you quote your sources well, following APA assignment help. Include at least one source in your writing with the right reference.
The total of this writing is about one page. To me, the content is more important than the number of words. No more than 1,5 page please.
For this assignment, apply the language matrix developed by Jim Cummins,(1984) to analyze the complexity of language tasks– with additional research on this construct by Do Coyle (2002).
There are two parts to this assignment.
1. Please read the attached document Classifying Language Activities with Cummin’s Matrix as a tool for planning instruction in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), and complete the task classification exercise on page 2. Please note that the organization of the quadrants is flipped in the design of these two models
2. Provide examples of instructional activities that fall into each of the quadrants identified on Cummin’s Matrix. Explain the learning scaffolds you would provide your ELL’s to increase their achievement in activities of high cognitive/ linguistic demand.
Due by 11:59 pm ET, Sunday
Submission includes specific examples for each of Cummin’s Matric quadrants. 40 points
Submission includes explanations about the learning scaffolds provided to ELLs. 50 points
Submission is submitted on time and adheres to current APA style 10 points
Total Points = 100
Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice
Module 4 Case Study Discussion Questions
The nurse epidemiologist is monitoring hand washing in a facility. The facility has had a series of infections with resistant organisms in its clients, and the concern is that hand washing may be the cause. The nurse is performing a series of assessments across the facility to help understand practices related to hand hygiene.
1. The nurse was told that there was a statistically significant difference in the number of bacteria on the hand when using hot water for washing compared with cold. What questions should the nurse pose about this finding?
2. The nurse recorded the number of times staff on different floors washed their hands. After running statistical analysis on the data, it appears that there was a difference in the average number of times hand washing was completed on one unit compared with another. What is the null hypothesis, and if the nurse’s assessment was correct, would it be accepted or rejected?
3. For the nurse in this scenario, what would be the implications of making a type I error?
The staff development nurse is creating a series of nursing grand rounds (NGR) and reviewing an article on this topic (Gormley, Costanzo, Lewis, Slone, & Savage, 2012). The goal is to make the NGR as accessible as possible because the leadership team wants maximal participation. This facility is one of four inner-city hospitals that make up a health system.
1. The study reviewed notes that “most nurses prefer online recordings for NGR.” When the nurse implements the NGR via online recordings, a great number of nurses do not access the online recordings. How might this be explained because it is different than what the research reported?
2. The study noted that researchers did not plan to generate findings that would be generalizable. What does this mean?
3. To find out about the limitations of the research and the generalizability of the outcomes, where should the nurse search in the article?
The correctional health nurse is seeing an increase in the number of clients with a history of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She notes that there are a number of veterans from the military as inmates. As the nurse visits with some of the inmates who are veterans, she has concerns about how their cases are being handled in the correctional system https://anyessayhelp.com/why-college-education-should-be-made-free/ .
1. The nurse has signed up for a Veteran’s Administration PTSD dissemination event for clinicians. What might she expect from this event?
2. The nurse knows that evidence-based practice includes not just current best evidence. What are other parts of evidence-based practice that must be considered when applying research to the clinical setting?
3. What are examples of problem-focused triggers that would lead to an evidence-based practice project?
The surgical nurse is talking with nurses in the medical-surgical unit about postoperative infections. Discussion concerns how to quickly identify and address situations that may put the patient at risk for infection. One nurse verbalized concern that patients were being discharged too soon.
1. The medical-surgical nurse asks if people in the community know about their hospital’s rate of complications. What is a good website to explore for this type of information?
2. The surgical nurse discusses the hospital’s recent bundled payments initiative with a large insurance company in the area. How would this impact the concern about patient outcomes?
3. One of the nurses noted that a certain type of dressing procedure was being used by postoperative nurses in the medical-surgical unit at a nearby sister facility college assignment help. They wanted to know if it could be used in their hospital. After a bit of research, the surgical nurse proposed a strategy to evaluate this new dressing procedure. What could this QI strategy be?
Personal writing 2: Coping with stress